Impact Case Studies
The EMPEA Institute has released three new Impact Case Studies from the finalists of the 2016 Sustainability and Operational Excellence Challenge:
- Ganesha Ecosphere Ltd., a PET bottle waste recycling company in India that creates polyester staple fiber and yarn for further use
- General Partner: MCap Fund Managers, an India-focused multi-strategy private equity investment advisory firm
- Koba International Group S.A., a chain of hard discount retail stores operating in Colombia
- General Partner: The Abraaj Group, a private equity firm focused on global growth markets
- Umeme Company Limited, the largest electricity distribution company in Uganda
- General Partner: Actis, an investor in growth markets across Africa, Asia and Latin America
The winner will be chosen in front of the 250+ leading emerging market private capital investors who will convene at the EMPEA/FT Sustainable Investing in Emerging Markets and who will vote for the firm that they believed best exemplifies outstanding sustainable impact from an operational, environmental, social and governance perspective, following presentations delivered by the top three Challenges finalists.
The 21 submissions for the Challenge will also be released as Impact Case Studies and compiled into a Compendium in the coming months. These EMPEA Institute publications will soon be available for download on the website.